In most cases, a successful copy or restore will recreate a matching general ledger.
During a copy, some rare QuickBooks objects are recreated or reversed as journal entries to correctly restore the general ledger.
Possible causes of general ledger variances:
- Having changed an item's expense account without automatically updating existing transactions
- Using account-based lines marked as billable on bills or expenses for sales forms (invoices, sales receipts, etc.)
- Using item-based lines marked as billable and using markup on bills or expenses for sales forms (invoices, sales receipts, etc.)
- Imported transactions from QuickBooks Desktop that used a non-standard AR or AP account
- Rare transactions migrated from QuickBooks Desktop