ChronoBooks restores and copies all objects that it backs up with the exception of the following objects (which do not affect your chart of accounts in QuickBooks Online):
- Inventory history for inventory items. Inventory adjustments cannot be created or changed via the QuickBooks Online API.
- Budgets. While budgets will be copied if you're performing a copy, updating Budgets for a restore is not supported by the QuickBooks Online API. Send us a message if you'd like us to recreate a previous version of a backed up budget. You can also use the Local Backup feature to export a CSV file of your budgets.
- Tax Rates using Expense accounts (non-US only). When copying, tax rates using expense accounts will instead use liability accounts.
- Migrated QuickBooks Desktop data. If your company was migrated to QuickBooks Online from QuickBooks Desktop, your Online data may have transactions (~0.1%) that cannot be ordinarily created. Send us a message to discuss how to best replicate these.
If you're downgrading to a lesser QuickBooks Online subscription plan during the copy, your data will be converted to work within the new plan's limits:
When downgrading to Essentials or Simple Start (aka EasyStart),
- Inventory items will be converted to Non-Inventory items.
- Budgets, Classes, Departments, and Purchase Orders will not be copied.
When downgrading to Simple Start (aka EasyStart),
- Bills will be converted to Purchases. As such, they will not affect your Accounts Payable and are similar to a Bill that is paid on the same day. We recommend that all of your Bills are paid before copying.
- Bill Payments, Vendor Credits, and Time Activities will not be copied.
A copy cannot be performed if:
- You're copying a company with sales tax enabled from the global version of QuickBooks Online to the US version.
- You're copying a company with multi-currency enabled while downgrading to Simple Start (aka EasyStart).